Mission and Vision
Faith came singing into my room,
And other guests took flight.
Grief and anxiety, fear and gloom,
Sped out into the night.
I wandered that such place could be,
But faith said gently:
Don’t you see?
That they could never live with me…?
- Organizing awareness and screening camps in the rural areas of India.
- Providing holistic care and assistance to cancer patients during the course of their treatment.
- Anti-tobacco and anti-cancer advocacy.
- Psychological support and counselling to cancer patients and their families.
- Providing back-up support and organizing accommodation facilities for patients near their centres of treatment.
- Providing state of the art pain and palliative care at Deepsikha’s hospice at Mirza, Guwahati, Assam.
- Effective delivery system of the home and special school for cancer affiliated children at Six Mile in Guwahati.
- Efficient management of the shelter homes for cancer patients in Mumbai.
- Spreading cancer awareness, facilitating cancer screening and care.
- Making cancer care and treatment available to poor patients who do not undergo any treatment for the lack of funds.
- Creating a wide network of cancer support groups.
- Working towards a holistic approach to cancer care.
Spreading cancer awareness is important to remove misconceptions among people. We conduct mass awareness programs in remote villages, schools, colleges, clubs, corporate offices, factories.
Deepsikha can accommodate nearly 200 people (patients & attendants) at a given point of time in Mumbai. We provide hygienic accommodation located in Navi Mumbai, Guwahati and Dibrugarh.
We provide subsidises/free transportation to the patients to Tata Memorial Hospital and back to our accommodations at a very nominal cost. We receive patients from railway stations and airports and drop them back when they are about to go back to their homes.
We have ambulances parked in all our bhavans to meet any emergency.
Deepsikha provides possible financial assistance to people after assessing their current financial status.
We have a pool of willing blood donors who donate, platelets, palms, to our patients whenever they are in need.
Cultural and Entertainment programs
Deepsikha Organizes a lot of entertainment programs for our patients to cheer up and stay healthy.